Starting client session and ncp filesystem

Lukas Kubin kubin at opf.slu.cz
Tue Mar 18 08:57:11 GMT 2003

I'm trying to allow our users to work with Debian Linux/KDE. I mount
their Novell home directories to the system and want also all the
KDE-specific files to be stored in the Novell network-mounted directory.
The problem probably is the ncp filesystem doesn't allow locking files
and starting the KDE session ends with the following error:

===
startkde: Starting up...
startkde: Running kpersonalizer...
iceauth:  error in locking authority file
/home/novell/Bx201503/.ICEauthority
ICE Connection rejected!

ICE Connection rejected!

. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
DCOPServer self-test failed.
===

The question is:
Is there a way how to avoid this problem (locking)? Or can I specify
another place (not the user's home directory) for storing the
.ICEauthority files?

Thank you.

--
Lukas Kubin <kubin at opf.slu.cz>
Network Administrator

Information Centre
School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava