kde3.1 Updating ?

Frank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Sun Mar 16 18:01:29 GMT 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:41, Cryptopia wrote:
" On Sunday 16 March 2003 02:05 am, Frank wrote:
" > [root at localhost KDELIB]# rpm -Uvh --test kdelibs-3.1-58mdk.i586.rpm
" > error: failed dependencies:
" >         libqt3 >= 3.1.1 is needed by kdelibs-3.1-58mdk
"
" Frank,
" create a directory and put all of your new rpms in that directory. Instead
 of " installing them one at a time you may do best if you install them all
 at " once.
"
" Try...
" rpm -Uvh *.rpm
"
" and look for dependencies and download those to the same directory. It may
" seem like a bit of work, but it will still be much faster than compiling
 form " source. (It just took me two days to compile kde for my wife's mac!)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Cryptopia

Thanks for reminding me of that tip and ultimately that will possibly be the
way.

It has been suggested elsewhere that I ought to consider installing the libs
and base first and that is why you saw my tests that way. Will need to
backtrack and confirm that. All part of learning Linux for me.

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated.
--
Regards

Frank