`TIOCSPGRP' undeclared: error during compile kdebase (kde3.1) from Konstruct on a Mdk9.0

swhatley at hal-pc.org swhatley at hal-pc.org
Tue Mar 11 22:35:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:02:41 +0100
>fish.cpp:400: `TIOCSPGRP' undeclared (first use this function)
>fish.cpp:400: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
>function it appears in.)

I compiled KDE 3.1 over the weekend.  In every case that I got the "undefined
symbol" messages, I had installed the dependint RPM but not its associated
-devel RPM package.  This caused me to be missing some imputnat .h include
file.  Look further up in the log and see if you find something that
says,"somefile.h was not found".

Find the dependent package and install the -devel package.  Then do a 'make
distclean' and rerun ./configure and make.

Good luck,
Steven
--
                <<<((__O\   (__<>___<>__ \   ____     Don't get rattled by