Bad opcode makes mouse perform random actions or freeze

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 19:43:06 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 11 Mar 2003 03:04, Yun Zhou wrote:
> From time to time, the mouse cursor just seems to "jump" around, doing
> random things, such as move from one corner of the screen to another, even
> performing 'clicking' actions on items...

Almost sounds like a dodgy cable to me - I get exactly those symptoms
frequently at work, where mice get heavily (ab)used all day (I work in a
rather rough school). When one of the wires in the cable begins to fail,
going open-circuit intermittently, that's the sort of thing that happens - as
one of the little angels [ahem] once said, "This mouse is on acid!"

Stephen