Can I run a second KDE session, as different user?

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 16:29:09 GMT 2003

My system has a group 'audio' in which all users + root are members.

Extract from /etc/group
audio:x:17:root,bjfowler,b_scholtz,guest

The /dev/dsp* files have the following ownerships and permissions:

crw-rw-rw-    1 root     audio     14,   3 Mar 23  2002 /dev/dsp0

Perhaps these settings will do the trick.

Basil Fowler

on SuSE 8.0