Can I run a second KDE session, as different user?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Mon Mar 10 22:52:45 GMT 2003

That might be true and maybe your option is good enough for Steve, but I
already have problems explaining to some users that depending on
availablility they have to sometimes use CTLR+ALT+F8 and sometimes
CTRL+ALT+F7. Having them go to a text-only login would only freak them
out and they'd probably force me to switch back to Windows :-)

I would love to have a feature that would take just one fixed shortcut
combination that would take any user at any time to a fresh login screen
where they could log in (or reconnect to an already logged in session).
I might not always agree with the things Microsoft does, but the Fast
User Switching has in a very short time become indispensable for me.

So all in all I just accept that the sound card is not available
everywhere. (although I would be VERY happy if somebody could explain
how to fix it that the "active" session has control over de soundcard!!)

Cheers,
 -Tako