Hiding the panel per desktop

Brian T. Schellenberger bts at babbleon.org
Sat Jun 28 06:43:38 BST 2003

Hmmm . . . that sounds familiar but I don't see "look and feel" or
"customization" in my control center - I should probably clarify that I'm
running 3.1.0.

I hope this isn't something that was in earlier versions and got lost since I
think I remember it from before (but never actually wanted to *use* it 'til
now).

I see these as top-level choices:

- Appearance & Themes
- Desktop
- Internet & Network
- KDE Components
- Peripherals
- Power Control
- Region & Accessibility
- Security & Privacy
- Sound & Multimedia
- System Administration

I've tried

Appearance & Themes -> Panels  AND
Desktops (all of the subcategories & tabs)

As well as "Configure Desktop" from the MB3 menu on the desktop background.

It might have been there but I've missed it.

There are lots of options on hiding the panel and changing the size but
nothing I can see to let me do that on a per-desktop basis.

(Basically, I have one desktop I want to use for rdesktop and I'd like the
panel to go away for that one desktop but stay visible on the rest.)