Konqueror - FTP - restrict instances ?

Andrew Wendt awendt at putergeek.com
Tue Jun 24 14:50:11 BST 2003

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 06:03, Harald Radke wrote:
> oh, something else...after login via FTP I get an error message window
> like:
>
> (win name is kio_thumbnail)
> Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory
> file:/tmp/kde-<USERNAME DELETED>/<FILENAME DELETED> does not exist.
>
> for some of the files in the directory of the ftp server

It might not fix the problem entirely, but it would probably help to turn off
thumbnails and previews over FTP.

If I choose Settings -> Configure Konqueror, and then Previews & Metadata, I
get a big list of protocols with a checkbox next to each one. Deselecting the
checkbox next to FTP will probably help you.

TTFN
Andy