Some help needed with Knoqueror

daniel gabriel at trytel.com
Thu Jul 17 14:31:45 BST 2003

On July 17, 2003 08:27 am, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:
> 1. How can I change the HOME page of konqueror? I have the default RH
> file

konqueror doesn't do just one homepage, it has a list of "view profiles".
it's setup this way because konqueror is used for a variety of things
including file management as well as web browsing.

so if you click on the web browser icon, it actually runs konqueror requesting
the "web profile", whereas if you run it by clicking the home icon, it runs
using the "file manager" profile.

so how do you set a profile?  (1) open konqueror or in web browser mode, (2)
make konqueror look the way you want ie. if you want your web homepage to be
google, go to google.com and (3) go to "settings > save view profile 'web
browsing'.

the same works for any other setup.  ie. you can do this with the file browser
profile.

> 2. Is it possible that konqueror start in a maximized window when
> opening a new window with CTRL-N?

i have no idea.  sorry

> 3. Is it possible to have konqueror put the cursor in the URL bar when
> opening a new window? So I haven't to use the mouse to click in it
> before typing my URL?

i don't think so, but maybe try "ctrl-shift-n"  that'll give you a new tab,
rather than a new window, and on my machine, i always have the cursor in the
location bar when that happens.

> PS: I'm not in the list, so please CC me.

you should join the list, so you can contribute.