Anti-aliasing

Shaun Jackman sjackman at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 10 00:25:11 BST 2003

FontConfig seems to be in use, and responds as follows:

# fc-cache -v
fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts": skipping, 0 fonts, 2 dirs
fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts/type1": skipping, 0 fonts, 1 dirs
fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts": skipping, 35 fonts, 0 dirs
fc-cache: "/usr/share/fonts/override": skipping, 0 fonts, 0 dirs
fc-cache: "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1": skipping, 44 fonts, 0 dirs
fc-cache: "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs": skipping, no such
directory
fc-cache: "/root/.fonts": skipping, no such directory
fc-cache: succeeded

My KDE fonts are the defaults: helvetica and courier. I don't exclude
any sizes in the anti-aliasing. The RENDER extension is supported.
What else might I be missing?

Thanks,
Shaun