Which font is it? [Konsole]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jul 8 06:12:56 BST 2003

Paul Yunusov wrote:
> On July 7, 2003 04:34 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Paul Yunusov wrote:
>>
>>>Please look at this screenshot:
>>>http://konsole.kde.org/screenshots/popup_menu.png
>>>
>>>Note the prompt text:
>>>
>>>konqui at earth:~ >
>>>
>>>What font is it and how can I have my own konsole use it? It did have it
>>>before I upgraded to KDE 3.1.2.
>>>
>>>By the way, my text terminal uses the same font in the framebuffer mode.
>>
>>I'm not sure of the name, but if you select: "Linux" as the Konsole font
>>you should get it.
>>

> I tried that before but it didn't work. Are there any other solutions? Where
> does the Konsole take its fonts from?

Then you have some other problem since this works on my system.  My best
guess would be a problem with FontConfig not finding the font.  The bit
mapped console fonts are (mostly) in:

	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

Or, if specifically installed by KDE, then in:

	$KDEDIR/share/fonts

The font is probably the one named: Console, which would mean it was in:

	$KDEDIR/share/fonts .

--
JRT