Filtering with KNode

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 07:25:01 BST 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 14:19, Nate Hill wrote:
> I'm new to KNode and not a frequent Usenet "inhabitant" (for lack of a
> better term).  I've recently gone to the trouble of discovering my isps
> hidden nntp servers and have subscribed to a number of groups.  I'm
> wondering how one filters messages (at least from displaying) using KNode.
> For instance I've already noticed that filtering all threads with a Subject
> of:
>
> "S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E.R"
> "BEST KEPT SECRET"
>
> would probably reduce the number of messages significantly.  Any
> suggestions?

Knode has filters. They're not easy to use, and are rather bug ridden in my
experience, but they might do what you want. (They don't do what I want, but
if the bugs were removed they would.)

Have a look under Preferences->Reading News->Filters, then read the online
manual to figure out what it all means. :o)

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,