crazy remote kde - help!?

George Mochrie geo at drasil.no-ip.org
Sun Jan 19 05:15:57 GMT 2003

hi

I have a couple of old P233mmxs for my kids and they are set up as xterms.
They run their own copies of kdm and in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession I have the
following section for running kde remotley (the app server is called apollo):

apollo  ) /opt/lunar/kde/3/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -n -s 60 \
               -m artsmessage -l 3 -f &
             exec ssh -XCn2 apollo exec startkde;;

Everything works fine, I even get sound over the network, but when I logout of
the kde session it hangs and I need to manually kill the x server on the x
term.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--