Failing starting kde

Fabio Ferrari fabio at tor.it
Fri Jan 17 13:23:36 GMT 2003

Greetings!
I've just compiled kde 3.05a on a Mandrake 8.2, and the basilar programs &
libs (qt 3.06, kdelibs, kdebase) compiled and installed correctly.
When I start kde, both from gdm and with the startx script (I added in my
.xinitrc  the command "exec /usr/local/kde/bin/startkde", as the program was
installed in /usr/local/kde/)

After starting the dcop server, I saw that the startkde script tries to
execute kwin: after this, I get an error about the unavailability of
interprocess communication made by dcop server (which is up, instead! I
verified this with the "ps" command).
The system tells me that  it can't read the connection list in
~/.DCOPserver_hostname, but, as I told before, the server is up and running,
and the file exists.
What kind of problem this could be?
Thanks to all ;-)
Kind regards,