remote kde over ssh?

George Mochrie geo at drasil.no-ip.org
Tue Jan 14 15:43:08 GMT 2003

hi

I'm wanting to set up a couple of PCs to be able to run KDE remotly over ssh.
I don't want to use XDMCP I'm using kdm and ideally would like to run
something like:

exec ssh <remote host> startkde ;;

from /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession.

This seems to work if I have my home directories mounted over NFS, but
otherwise I get ugly dcop problems. I also want to use arts over the network
so the remote sessions can have sound. Does anyone know if what I am trying
to do is possible, and if so how to do it. Perhaps there is a better way to
go about this?

--
George Mochrie
aka Drasil