Noatum crash on reading tags

Ian Porter ian.porter3 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 12 09:40:31 GMT 2003

On Sunday 12 Jan 2003 3:18 am, Chris wrote:
> On Saturday 11 January 2003 03:07 am, Ian Porter decided to hunt and peck
> on
>
> the keyboard and typed:
> > I am not sure if this helps, but I found that if some mp3's was not
> > playing correctly I had to re build them with a program called mp3asm
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3asm/
> >
> > As I say I am not sure if that helps
> > Ian
>
> All the mp3's play just fine, it just crashes if the tag reader plug-in
> works. I tried xmms and it reads tags just fine, however the audio output
> sounds terrible compared to noatum's.  I'm at a loss here except I have
> xmms loaded to read the file tags and playing the mp3's with noatum, hard
> way around it though.

If you try to burn the music file with Gnome Toaster, does the correct song
lenght come up in the window ?, because when I used to have a problem with
the songs not reading/playing correctly it would display 1 second in this
window, but xmms would display the correct length of the song.  So I had to
use mp3asm to re build the mp3 header.

Ian