need help on cdrom

ankur garg anki1607 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:19:38 GMT 2003

  i have installed RED HAT LINUX 7.1 with kernel version 2.4.2-2  . i have
studied the CDROM-HOWTO, but could not figure out how to solve my problem.

1. my linux system does not recognizes CD-RW and gives following error
message,my cdrom(AUSUS s 500/A) supports CD-RW format.

  mount:wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblkock on /dev/cdrom, or too
many
  mounted file systems.

 2. linux does not copy VCD to hard disk and shows following error message: could not
read file    /mnt/cdrom/mpegav/avseqo1.dat

 the condition of the vcd is ok.

  pls tell me the solution to these problems.

PANKAJ GARG
INDIA