How to get screensaver on both screens

Yun Zhou innerguy at mod.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 10 05:59:25 GMT 2003

Hi. I'm using a dual monitor configuration, and I'm using seperate desktops
instead of Xinerama because the monitors are somewhat spaced apart, so it's
more comfterable this way. I notice that the secondary monitor (:1) dosen't
seem to run its screensaver and never goes into power save (suspend) mode,
despite the fact that it's clearly defined in KDE prefs.

How do I make the screensaver work on both screens? It would be helpful, as a
static image wrecks havoc on CRT displays. Is this the right place to ask? Is
it actually a problem with X?

I'm using KDE 3.0.5a under SuSE 7.3

Thanks in advance!