Controlling changes to user settings

Lee W lists at unassemble.net
Sat Jan 4 19:57:37 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to convince the company I work for to get
away from Windows and over to Linux.

One of the concerns my bosses have is that of controlling what users can
& cannot do.  Directly they require to be able to control what settings
users can change (for those familiar with Windows NT/2000 I think it is
called a "Mandatory Profile").

I have already reads the docs on gnomes site and can see that it is able
to perform this level of control.  However having looked at KDE's site
and the docs as well as searching the list archives I cannot find any
information on these sorts of features.

Does anyone know if this level of control is possible with KDE.

Regards

Lee W