Kde2: set screen resolution

Yun Zhou innerguy at mod.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 3 18:57:00 GMT 2003

On Friday 03 January 2003 12:34 pm, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed debian woody with xfree86 and KDE
> My video card is a Geforce 4 MX 420 and my monitor is a Hyundai LM1500A
>
> The only resolution which is working here is 640x400 and 8 bits colours.
> How do I change this so that I can work well with KDE?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Willem-Jan Meijer
> Netherlands

It isn't a problem with KDE, it's a problem with the X server. Try fiddling
around with the options in the file /etc/X11/XF86Config, or if it's not
there, try /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config. There's more help about this at
www.xfree.org and many other sites. What is your distribution? Most distros
include a utility to configure the X server so you don't have to edit the
configuration file directly.