Problem with "configure" script/QT?

Yun Zhou innerguy at mod.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 3 06:06:10 GMT 2003

I have compiled QT 3.1.1 on this machine and I have done everything the
instructions told me to do, however, when I try to run the configure script
for KDE 3.1 RC5, it never seems to find a version of QT higher than 3.1. I am
sure that all the environment vairables are set, and that QT was compiled. I
have also tried ldconfig, put the path in several different places, restarted
the shell many times, tried as many different users, and still to no avail.

I also have an older version of QT on this machine. Could this be causing a
problem? Please help.

Thanks in advance!