kdmrc - Greeter config for a specific Display

Johnny Ernst Nielsen johnny.ernst.nielsen at get2net.dk
Fri Feb 28 13:45:14 GMT 2003

Good day Birgit,

Fredag den 28. februar 2003 12:28 kvad Birgit Ohlenbusch:
> > # You can configure every X-display individually.
> > # Every display has a display name, which consists of a host name
> > # (which is empty for local displays specified in the Xservers
> > file), # a colon and a display number. Additionally, a display
> > belongs to a # display class (which can be ignored in most cases;
> > the control=20 center
> > # does not support this feature at all).
> > # Sections with display-specific settings have the formal syntax
> > # "[X-" host [":" number [ "_" class ]] "-" sub-section "]"
> >
> > I hope that gives you a clue.
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried to specify the display name in many
> ways - with and without the domain name (that uncludes the - sign -
> perhapts that's the problem?), and whith and whitout the : and more
> specification. But nothing of that works. :(

Perhaps you have other Greeter sections that take precedence over the
one you are trying to change?

# From which section a setting is actually taken is determined by
these
# rules:
# - an exact match takes precedence over a partial match (for the host
part),
#   which in turn takes precedence over a wildcard
# - precedence decreases from left to right for equally exact matches

What Greeter sections do you have in your
/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc?

If you have more than one, which one are you trying to change?

> Men - i hvert fall tusind tak for din svar!

Du er velkommen :o)

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)