Linux as workstation (multiple logins, DCOP problem)

Timco Visser tppv at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 15:52:06 GMT 2003

Hi Nick,

Eh... It's not really that I want it this way.
Definitely not, it took my quite some time to get used
to the habit of my colleagues to everywhere log in to
the windows systems as Administrator (yuck). The idea
was that in this way everybody has access to all
projects that people are working on. Now they also
want to have one common log in for every system
(including the systems which I have been able to
upgrade to linux).
I hope I can convince them that it's not so bad to use
your own login, while still being able to see what
everybody is doing. (It will also be a lot easier to
keep track of who has done what etc. So I don't see
their objections.)

Thanx for your attention,

Timco

Timco,