indexing docs with htdig?

George Mochrie geo at drasil.no-ip.org
Tue Feb 4 01:49:25 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 1:44 am, Simon Hepburn wrote:
> George Mochrie wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > Subject line says it all I guess. anyone have any idea where I can get
> > info on how to index the docs in khelpcenter with htdig? I used to use
> > the feature in the 2.0.x series and it was fantastic.
>
> Well, it may not be integrated into kde anymore but there is nothing to
> stop you installing htdig and using it to index whatever directory you
> want. I use it to index all of /usr/share/doc, not just the kde stuff.

hmmm, I just installed 3.1 and there's a plugin in kcontrol for it, i thought
it had been re-instated. the plugin is a little short of docs tho. in kde
2.0.x i used it to index all my docs (mysql, j2sdk etc.) so i could access
them all with the khelpcenter interface. perhaps it was just wishful thinking
on my part.

--
George Mochrie
aka Drasil