gkrellm + kstart breaks geometry options

Chris Jensen chris-kde at drspirograph.com
Mon Feb 3 03:46:17 GMT 2003

Hi,
I've had this problem in successive versions of KDE ever since I upgraded to
version 3.0 (now on 3.1).
I like to start gkrellm and specify -g so that it appears in the bottom left
of the screen, but I also like to use kstart to specify that it appears on
all desktops and some other stuff, the full command line is:
kstart --window gkrellm --alldesktops --ontop --skippager --skiptaskbar
gkrellm -g +0+374

If I just run
gkrellm -g +0+374
then it works fine, but if I run kstart with all those options, then it gets
placed by kde's "smart" placement, instead of where I want. Is there a way I
can get all these things to happen, or should I be submitting a bug
report/feature request?

--
Chris Jensen

Public Key: http://drspirograph.com/public_key/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)