KDE 3.1 RPM:s for Red Hat?

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Sat Feb 1 22:01:33 GMT 2003

Hi,

I do not know if you will find RedHat rpms.  I considered making them but in
light of the changes RH has made to KDE (see e.g.
http://www.mosfet.org/noredhat.html and http://www.mosfet.org/rh-rebuttal.html)
it is a non-trivial matter.  You have to port KDE to RH 8.0, b/c RH does not
follow standards and essentially "forks" open source projects by making
incompatible modifications in "secret" (i.e., outside the projects' CVS tree and
without the projects' knowledge).

If you want to support that type of behavior, then support RH.  If not, use
another distro that works with the Open Source community, rather than against
them, or tell RH you would like them to change their practices.

Ciao,

Dre