KDE&CUPS: Annoying start/end banners

Izo I at siol.net
Mon Dec 29 08:31:46 GMT 2003

KDE-3.1.94

I've set up bunch of printers (shared from Windows domain) through the
CUPS on my workstation. When migrated from KDE-3.0 to KDE-3.2b2,
suddenly blank sheets are "printed" before and after job. One would
suspect that it was connected to the banners setup in
ControlCenter->Periph.->Printers->[some_printer]->Properties->Banners,
yet I've those radio buttons disabled and were not ever even touched.

I have also re-configured (removed and added again) all printers. The
behaviour just persists.
When migrated the KDE, I removed the $HOME/.kde directory and started my
personal KDE profile from the scratch.

In previous versions of the KDE this behaviour was only "related" to the
Mozilla printing and only with the laser printers using ljet or gimp
drivers so I was just thinking that it was really related to the
Mozilla. Now I am starting to suspect that the behaviour is general.

Can somebody help me with this ?

Iztok