konqueror: download does not resume

Pere Constans constans at ruf.rice.edu
Sat Dec 27 09:23:53 GMT 2003

I'm using kde/konqueror 3.1.4. So far, while downloading files I was prompted
"overwrite" or "resume" if a .part file was already in the directory.
Strangely, however (this behavior 'started' today, without any upgrade, or
conscious config change, etc), the usual download dialog changed. Instead of
that 3-botton (open file, open location, cancel; + keep after download) it
appears now like a common 'download manager' (similar to what happen with
netscape). This progress dialog includes all downloads if this applies.
Clicking a file name gives the 'old' progress dialog (kio).

The problem is that now I'm never asked for resuming a download. Instead, the
partyally downloaded file is overwritten.

Does anybody know what's going on, and how to restore the previous behavior?
At least the resume option, thou also removing that sort of netscape
'download manager' that's not practical for me (eg, no progress % seen if
minimized).

Thanks,

Pere