Kuser trashing root account under FreeBSD

Dale Weber linuxgeek at thedynaplex.net
Mon Dec 8 15:54:30 GMT 2003

	Greets,

	I have been experiencing an odd thing with KDE 3.1.4 under FreeBSD 4.9.  When
I add user accounts, and save the settings, my root account is trashed.  I am
told the account has expired when I try to login as root.  This is not a good
thing.  I am not sure if it's possible to fix this, and if not, FreeBSD
becomes essentially unusable due to not being able to access the root account
at all.  This is repeatable, and has hapened to me twice so far - every time
I use Kuser to add user accounts.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.