Take a trial of KDE FWD-KPhone

kaiduan xie kaiduanx at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 26 01:20:01 BST 2003

Hi,

For those of you who are interested in the KDE
SIP-based Voice over IP and instant message, please
take a trial of FWD-KPhone. We have made some
modifications on KPhone from wirlab.net to connect
with our Free World Dialup network, so that you can
chat and talk with other memembers around the 150
countries!

The tar ball is located at
http://www.pulver.com/fwd/downloads/

The following is a brief introduction on
configurations.

1) If you directly connect to the Internet, the
configuration looks like as follow:
Select Identity submenu of File menu in the main
window,

Full Name: 12345
User Part of SIP URL: 12345
Host Part of SIP URL: fwd.pulver.com
Outbound Proxy (optional): leave as null
Authentication username: 12345
q vaue between 0.0-1.0: leave as null

2) If you access to Internet behind a firewall or NAT
device, the configuration looks like as follow:
Select Identitiy submenu of File menu in the main
window,

Full Name: 12345
User Part of SIP URL: 12345
Host Part of SIP URL: fwd.pulver.com
Outbound Proxy (optional): fwdnat.pulver.com:5082
Authentication username: 12345
q vaue between 0.0-1.0: leave as null

Here, the 12345 is your FWD account. If you donot have
a FWD account, we will automatically assign a FWD
account for you while you first run the FWD-KPhone.

For detailed information on Free World Dialup, please
take a look at fwd.pulver.com.

Welcome your use and enjoy the FWD world!

kaiduan, xie