home directory

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 17:16:21 BST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:10:39 -0700 (PDT)
venkataraman kabaleeswaran <vkabs at yahoo.com> wrote:

VK> I am using kde on linux (mandrake 9.1).
VK> Whenver I try to open the home directory on the
VK> desktop
VK> icon the whole system freezes. I am not sure what
VK> causes that.
VK>
VK> any suggestion will be appreciated.

Do you have a very large number of files in there (more than about
10,000)? Or does it contain links to possibly inaccessible or slow
filesystems? Either of these will cause konqueror to take a very long
time to do anything and will hang all other konqueror windows belonging
to the same process.

James