gramofile records nothing

Tom Kuiper tbhk at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 19 02:00:30 BST 2003

Greetings, group!

The September Linux Journal has a nice article on recording music to CDs
so I thought I'd try 'gramofile' instead of 'krecord'.  I went through the
motions of capturing some audio to file, but nothing was recorded.
Does KDE intercept audio destined to a user's process?  If so, how do I
get KDE to pass the sound to gramofile?

Related to this, I think, why do 'fishtank' and similar background generating
tasks not run under KDE?

Thanks and regards

Tom
--
Internet:       tbhk at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109