KMail filter Q

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 20:09:59 BST 2003

On Tuesday 12 Aug 2003 7:14 pm, Brian Richardson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to create an ongoing filter in KMail so
> that all I see is new (ie. < 2 days old) messages in my mailing list

Set each folder with an expire property. Right click the folder -> Properties
-> Expire.
Set Kmail folder settings to expire old messages on exit:
Done.

From the manual:
Expire old messages:
Delete old messages from folders, according to the rules in each folder's
Properties dialog.
The Old Message Expiry section lets you automatically delete old messages when
you exit KMail (depending on your settings in KMail's Folders configuration
page) or via File->Expire All Folders.
Warning
Messages that are expired are deleted. They are not moved to trash, so be
careful with this setting.

--

Neil Williams