Networked sound server

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 11:51:52 BST 2003

Hello all,

I have a main computer called 'bluebottle' and another older computer called
'eccles'.  I have configured eccles so that it runs as an X-terminal, that is
to say all KDE programs are run on bluebottle and are displayed on eccles.
Keboard and mouse input from eccles are transferred over the network to
bluebottle.  All eccles has is an X server, with only twm for a window
manager.  Bluebottle runs KDE 3.1.1.

When a sound ( such as KDE startup ) is generated by an action at eccles, the
sound is played through bluebottle's speakers.

Is there a way of configuring the sound server so that the sound is directed
back to from bluebottle to eccles?

TIA

Basil Fowler