No text displayed

Guillaume Coeugnet gcoeugnet at partner.auchan.com
Fri Aug 1 07:40:49 BST 2003

Hello everybody,

I wonder if someone has ever try to install XFree 4.3 backported from sid
and KDE 3.1 (from kde.org) on a Debian. Cause i tried this and even if X
works, there is no text at all in kde, just wide windows. Nothing in the
menu, nothing in the initialisation screen, ... Only Kpersonalizer works
fine with beautifull window and text inside ...

I remove kde 3.1 to install kde 2.2 (debian.org woody stable) and in this
case all works perfectly.
This evening i will try to install the stable version of Xfree (4.1) and the
stable version of kde (3.1) Hope this will work.

I don't know if it's related to kde or xfree but i think i have installed
all required package.