Deadkeys not working in 3.1.1

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Apr 28 12:09:17 BST 2003

[please CC me on responses]

Hi KDE Team,

I am trying to get deadkeys working on a German keyboard. i set it
up as 105 int'l with a German layout and the basic variant, having
previously disabled "nodeadkeys" in XF86Config-4. Now the deadkeys
work in the login screen of kdm, but as soon as KDE starts, they
cease to work. entering 'a just creates an a, entering `a produces
`a in konsole, kate, and others. in openoffice, the two don't do
anyting and don't even produce the vowel.

Could you please help me out and point me to what I am doing wrong?

I am using KDE 3.1.1-1 from the Debian tree.

Thanks...

[please CC me on responses]

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>