Question regarding KDE and non antialiased Chinese Font

Mingjui Ray Liao ray at liaofamily.org
Sun Apr 27 23:17:33 BST 2003

Hello,

I just updated my KDE environment to 3.1.1a on my Redhat 8.0 machine.
And I am encountering the following problem:

With font smoothing enabled, KDE displays Chinese font correctly.
However, when font smoothing is turned off, some of the Chinese characters
will be displayed as blank.

Here is a screenshot with aa turned on:
http://www.liaofamily.org/kde-aa.jpg

Here is a screenshot with aa turned off:
http://www.liaofamily.org/kde-none-aa.jpg

I tried updating the Xft and Freetype to the latest
version (Xft-2.1.1 and Freetype-2.1.4) but that does not solve the problem.

How can I make the Chinese characters display correctly without
font smoothing disabled?

Thanks,

Mingjui Liao