kde 3.1.1 Redhat 8

Michael Adam micada at web.de
Sun Apr 27 22:38:20 BST 2003

Am Sonntag, 27. April 2003 17:06 schrieb 1stFlight:
> It's a source rpm, not meant for install but for building  if you want
> you could build it for your machine by using  rpm --rebuild --target
> i686 kdebase-3.1.1-0.8x.src.rpm  and that will place Pentium optimized
> installable binaries in your /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686 directory.
>

>                               Darryl
>
> Christopher Logan wrote:
> > I am tring to upgrade my Redhat 8 with the supplied rpms and have
> > gotten everything needed except the kdebase-3.1.1-0.8x.src.rpm seems
> > to install but never does.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong.  I
> > have all the dependecies for it and it goes through the install
> > process but it never seems to work correctly.

He told you right! Forget all about rpm --rebuild  or what else follows in
thread
If you only want to upgrade your kde from rpm's you dont need any
build/rebuild et al AND you dont need any *.src.rpm

Source packages *.src.rpm are only necessary if the binaries do not fulfill
your needs and you want to compile everything yourself.
So if you only want to to upgrade remove all *.src.rpm from the dir containing
the rpms.

Michael