nVidia

Ian Porter ian.porter3 at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 18 09:19:47 BST 2003

Hi Larry & David Legg

Just to say thanks again for the help and the solution was because I am
running KT400 northbrigde I need to have used a KT400 fix, which was found on
the nVidia forum.  The fix is below (encase anybody else needs this):-

Thanks again for the help
Ian

From a nVidia file called errata-1.0-4349.txt

o Starting X with AGP 8x video cards on systems with KT400 AGP
  chipsets cause system hangs.

  Solution: this problem can be worked around by disabling AGP
  (Option "NvAGP" "0") in your XF86Config file.

  Alternatively, you may be able to enable AGP 8x on your KT400 based
  system by overriding the default NVreg_EnableAGPSBA registry key.
  To do this you can either:

    - set the value on the modprobe command line; for example:
        modprobe nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1

    - add an options line to your module configuration file,
      usually /etc/modules.conf; for example:
        options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1

  and use NVIDIA's AGP (Option "NvAGP" "1" in the Screen section
  of your XF86Config file).