Install of 3.1.1 Goes Bad

Maceo Jourdan maceo at myexcel.com
Wed Apr 16 05:09:34 BST 2003

Thanks Darryl,

You're exactly right. How did you know that?

However, I think I've buggered it good now.

I decided to do a manual update back to 3.0.5, which came with 8.1 of SuSE.
Now KDE won't load.  I get an error:
xsetroot: unable to open display ''
xset:unable to open display  ""
xset:unable to open display  ""
xset:unable to open display  ""
xset:unable to open display  ""
each of these: ksplash, kdeinit, ksmserver
generated this:
libqt-mt.so.3 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Maceo.