Select and drag files in konqueror

Jan Drugowitsch jdrugo at gmx.at
Sun Apr 13 13:29:53 BST 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 08:17, Christian Müller wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 13. April 2003 01:43 schrieb Jan Drugowitsch:
> > On Saturday 12 April 2003 21:48, Sean McGlynn wrote:
> > > Hello Jan,
> > >
> > > I'm afraid everything works fine for me! :-)

> > > Which distro are you using? (it's not RedHat by any chance is it? ;-)
> > > Maybe someone can then confirm if they also see the problem or not.
> >
> > Gentoo 1.4.2.8, but I used LFS until about 1 1/2 weeks ago and had the
> > same problem (KDE 3.1).
>
> I'm running Gentoo, too,
> and it doesn't happen here (KDE 3.1.1a).

I noticed a similar strange effect with context-menues somtimes, especially by
clicking on desktop items (unmounted drives) or tabs in konqueror. To keep
the menu open I have to keep the button pushed to select menu items. However,
most of the times it just works by right-clicking -> menu opens -> another
click to select item.

Maybe it's got something to do with my hardware. I'm using a Logitech Cordless
MouseMan Optical. Did anyone ever have problems with that mouse?

> BTW: How did you find out your Gentoo version? I'm updating regularly so
> I'm not sure.

/etc/gentoo-release

Have a nice weekend, everyone,
Jan