[kde-promo] Back to the drawingboard

Tink tink at kde.org
Fri Apr 11 10:59:56 BST 2003

Hi,

Can we get back to the drawingboard?
I have seen some excellent ideas posted on this list yesterday, some
new people who were enthousiatic about working on this project and
that is more than happened in a long time.

Lets not kill that spark by falling into the same old routine of
bickering, negative comments about every proposal and start flames on
other topics that kdepromo.

Working on PR, marketing, advertising is a creative process, it's not
something you just 'do'. Constructive and creative thinking and
discussing your ideas on this list is mandatory. ideas and plans need
to be carefully build. If every proposal is being put down as
nonsense and waste of time we're not going anywhere and it's very
disencouraging. People and certainly those who recently joined should
feel free and safe to discuss their ideas and not being afraid their
ideas will be ridiculed or not taken seriously.

Maybe we should create a second restricted mailinglist for people
actually working on PR. So developers who actually write code and
only have an interest in promo do not have to feel the need to
comment on every step because it's not how they usually work. A group
of people who work in a more structured matter can have it's place
within KDE can't it?

As for Gnome, there's a reason they are mentioned more in the press
than KDE, probably because their PR department is better structured
than ours.

--
Tink