Installation problems (kcontrol, kicker, kfmclient)

V Leher ksleher at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:48:43 BST 2003

Hi all,

I finally got the kde3.1.1 to install properly. Though i am not sure as
to what happened, this is roughly what i did.

1) Uninstalled all kde packages
2) Tried to uninstall the redhat-menus-noarch package (this was my
package version: redhat-menus-0.26-1)
	This gave me some dependency errors. One of the dependency that it gave
was control-center-2.0.1-8. So i uninstalled this control center
package.

	There were other ones which i uninstalled and then installed the
redhat-menus as well.

3) Installed all packages in order. You can get the order in which to
install with "rpm -U -vv *.rpm" in the directory that you have where all
the 3.1.1 rpm are saved.

That seemed to do the trick. I think the redhat-menus/control-center
package is the main culprit. My current redhat-menus package is
redhat-menus-0.38-1.

Hope this helps somebody.

thanks,
- Leher