home dir on vfat

Stefano Lodi adm at db.deis.unibo.it
Mon Sep 30 17:56:08 BST 2002

My home directory resides in a vfat filesystem.  I am unable to
run dcopserver.  I believe the reason is that the vfat fs
considers ':' illegal in file names.  Therefore the file
.DCOPserver_localhost.localdomain_:0 cannot be created.

Would it be possible to customize  the environment
of dcopserver so that it uses a
directory defined by the user, or otherwise solve the problem?

(BTW how was  the problem dealt with in Windows systems?)

I'm using KDE as initially released in Mandrake 8.2 for x86.

Thanks !

    Stefano Lodi