Kmail Stability

Chris Jensen chris-kde at drspirograph.com
Mon Sep 23 21:49:29 BST 2002

Hi,
I recently wrote a complaint to my ISP because I as getting poor downloads for
my POP3 mail (some times downloads would pause for up to minutes).
In their response they noted that:
> Another issue could be the mail client that you were using, Konqueror,
> using "kmail" or another similar mail client. There are known issues
> with the stability of this client (kmail) , particulary with pop3 and
> timeout issues. A better client for their platform would be netscape 7
> or mozilla. Another option is to use fetchmail and have kmail read the
> collected mail locally.

Is there any truth to this? I certainly don't think I've noticed this problem
previously
I'm using Kmail 1.4.2 under KDE3.0.2 (compiled from sources) under linux
2.4.17

--
Chris Jensen

Public Key: http://drspirograph.com/public_key/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)