KDE Help

Amir Tal tal at whatsup.org.il
Fri Sep 20 14:09:02 BST 2002

On Friday 20 September 2002 15:36, Tom Hale wrote:
> I have some weird issues running KDE 3.0.3 on a Tru64 5.1A System.
> First, I have dual monitors setup without running Xinerama and the
> desktop background on display :0.0 doesn't update correctly if I start
> using that display.  The bitmap changes, but the screen doesn't repaint.

just to make sure i got this right :
every monitor displays an "independent" desktop ?
i.e - you actualy see to "copies" of you desktop, is this correct ?

> Second, Everynight for the last 2 weeks, my system has crashed without
> logging any messages to the log files on why and I can't seem to find
> any reason for it.

did you make sure that syslogd is installed and running ?
run /sbin/syslogd and see if you get an "already running" message.
optionaly : ps aux |grep syslogd.

> Third, it seems that I didn't get a complete implementation of QT when
> I downloaded KDE.  I am missing some headers that are tested for by the
> configure scripts of various apps that I have tried to compile.  I have
> tried compiling QT 3.0.4 and QT 3.0.5 but can't seem to get either to
> compile.

you are probebly missing QT's development liberies
install libqt-mt-dev.

hope this helps,
tal.

> Any help would be much appreciated as I am at my wits end and will be
> switching back to CDE if I can't get some of these issues resolved.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Amir Tal
Founder, Owner