XMMS and Arts -- KDE

Weston M. Price wmprice at direcway.com
Tue Sep 17 21:59:55 BST 2002

Hello,
   I was able to get my soundcard up and running this morning. I am using
FreeBSD 4.7 with KDE 3.0.3 (excellent stuff by the way). Anyhow, I built XMMS
and XMMS does work but only when Arts is disabled.  I have tried a variety of
settings and options but I just can't seem to get the two to work together.
However, Kaboodle works just fine as well as Katun (without video, I can't
get video to work at all). I know my particular choice of OS with KDE might
be somewhat unusual for this list, however, if anyone has any suggestions it
would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Weston