Konquerer freezes (defeated by Konqueror)

Tom Kuiper tbhk at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 18 00:10:36 BST 2002

> From: Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
> To: kde at mail.kde.org
> Subject: Re: [kde] Konquerer freezes (defeated by Konqueror)
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:34:34 +0200
> > Now, back in the office, ethernet card plugged back in, I can't get
> > Konqueror to work for me.  I've tried:
> > *       removing the alias to localhost
> > *       removing the line for my hostname but leaving the alias for
> > localhost *       not starting up diald -- don't need it here anyway
> > *       reseating the PCMCIA card to restart the network connection
> > I either cannot navigate the file system at all, or Konqueror hangs
> > after a few (2-5) directory traversals.

Here is another clue.  After descending from my home directory about six
levels, nothing came up in my Konqueror window, but the scroll bar area
backgrounds (light grey) are flashing on top of the icon background
(light grey horizontal stripes).

I tried Konqueror again when tkdesk froze up while trying to launch xfig.

Sigh.

It seems like I'm down to command line mode, or I go back to my office
desktop which is still running Debian potato with fvwm and tkdesk.

Tom

> Hmm, no so good :(
>
> Perhaps seomthing in networking is changed by the upcoming interface.
> Routing maybe.
>
> If I find some time I'll try to reproduce this by taking down a
> stationary eth0 interface.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> - --
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
> Developer at the Kmud Project http://www.kmud.de/

Internet:       tbhk at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109
Phone/fax:      (818) 354-5623/8895
WWW:            http://DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov/~kuiper/