Konquerer freezes (defeated by Konqueror)

Tom Kuiper tbhk at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Sep 15 15:35:48 BST 2002

> From: Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
> To: kde at mail.kde.org
> Subject: Re: [kde] Konquerer freezes (defeated by Konqueror)
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:34:34 +0200
>
> On Wednesday, 11. September 2002 00:07, Tom Kuiper wrote:
> > Kevin,
> >
> > Your suggestion worked while I was at home with my laptop, ethernet
> > PCMCIA card removed.  I added my hostname as an alias for localhost.
>
> Ah, good

However, this weekend it did not.  This is what I did.  I booted my
computer at home, without the ethernet card in.  I logged in and killed
my saved sessions of konqueror.  I then put my hostname as an alias for
localhost in /etc/hosts.  I then started konqueror.  It locked up after
a few moves through my local file system.

I'm using TkDesk now.

Cheers

Tom

> > Now, back in the office, ethernet card plugged back in, I can't get
> > Konqueror to work for me.  I've tried:
> > *       removing the alias to localhost
> > *       removing the line for my hostname but leaving the alias for
> > localhost *       not starting up diald -- don't need it here anyway
> > *       reseating the PCMCIA card to restart the network connection
> > I either cannot navigate the file system at all, or Konqueror hangs
> > after a few (2-5) directory traversals.
>
> Hmm, no so good :(
>
> Perhaps seomthing in networking is changed by the upcoming interface.
> Routing maybe.
>
> If I find some time I'll try to reproduce this by taking down a
> stationary eth0 interface.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> - --
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
> Developer at the Kmud Project http://www.kmud.de/

Internet:       tbhk at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109
Phone/fax:      (818) 354-5623/8895
WWW:            http://DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov/~kuiper/