KDM - Howto reboot a remote XTerminal?

Alexander Puchmayr alexander.puchmayr at jku.at
Thu Sep 12 17:30:54 BST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 22:16 schrieb Marvin GodfatherofSoul
Bellamy:
> KDM has a way via the login manager (in the control center) to set what
> permissions users have to things like shutdowns.  This stops the
> reboot/shutdown options from displaying at the login.  Control center
> also has a way to prevent logout shutdowns (can't remember where).

Thanks for the answer, but I knew that already.

Having no shutdown button at all implies that the user _knows_ that he/she
has to switch into a console by pressing CTRL_ALT_F1 and then CTRL_ALT_ESC.
Since a windows-guy usually does not know that, he/she simply switches the
terminal off. A correctly working shutdown button would simplify this task

Greetings
	Alex

--
Alexander Puchmayr            Systemadministrator for Theoretical Physics
University Linz, Austria      e-mail: alexander.puchmayr at jku.at
Altenbergerstrasse 69         phone: +43/732/2468-8633
A-4040 Linz-Auhof             FAX:   +43/732/2468-8585